Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's A New Year....

Well, 2013 has arrived and is now upon us.  I tremble now with fear and trepidation.  In 2010, I thought we were having a rough time.  I looked at 2011 with excitement just really believing Jesus would intervene.  Somehow, we would win the victory.  2011 was horrible.  My mother died.  My family fell apart.  Things I thought would never happen, happened.  Time passed and 2012 arrived.  However, this time I did not say, "I'm glad for a New Year!"  I looked at 2012 with a little caution, but not enough caution.  Little did I know that around the corner, a war was looming and my faith in Christ would be tested as never before.  In 2012, my husband lost his job of considerable years with a company.  Let go because he did the right thing.  You can rest assure that if you do the right thing, you will be persecuted.  We found out who true friends were.  The family still is divided and split.  I pray the Lord will bring my children back to Him and their relationship with Him remain intact and stronger than ever.  I know of quite a few families who have been hit hard and heavy in 2012.  I pray that 2013 will be a year of restoration to them and to other Believers of Jesus Christ.  I rejoice that a New Year is here and I am excited to see what God has in store.  He kept us through 2012.  If I owned a wine distillery and had made wine in the year 2012,  I would break every bottle.  It was by far the worst year.  And worst yet, every believer I know has been going through the worst battles in their lives.  One thing I know, God has kept us and blessed us.  He has provided when we knew we could not provide.  Despite hubby losing his job, we never lacked.  We never went without.  We never had to sweat out not having any money.  God sustained us and supplied in every circumstance.  In fact, there were times that He so blessed us, we were able to bless others.  We also paid off our house so Yea...no mortgage looming over our heads.  Who gets to pay off their house when they lose their job? 

God blessed.  We brought it all before the Lord and said, "Here Lord, here is the mess we made of our lives."  He took that mess and blessed it.  I know he will do the same for others if they just trust him and believe.  2013, believe it. Things are going to get harder and harder until the Lord returns.  But he is faithful and true and his word, The Holy Bible, is true.  Read it.  Do what it says.  You will find yourself blessed.  God will supply all your needs.  Jesus will bless you.  I know without a doubt Jesus has blessed us and I know he will keep us.  I know all this other stuff will work itself out.  We may have lost a war, but I know who wins the victory!  It is Jesus Christ! 

I know there will be more trials.  I also know that I have nothing to fear because my God who is all-knowing, all-powerful, all-mighty is looking out for me.  I know that He will keep me, no matter what...Thank you, Lord Jesus, for loving us even whe we weren't loving you. 

No comments: