Saturday, June 30, 2012

Well...So Much For...

...trying to stay positive.  It seems the only thing I can think of to do when I'm frustrated is blog.  I was sitting here waiting on Mr. Moor...and I heard the phrase over the TV, "The TV news programs really are not the place to get your news from if you want the truth."  ???  REALLY?  I knew this, but really, there are people who totally believe everything that is said to them over the airwaves, internet, the dying newspaper industry...When did this happen though?  Journalists were supposed to convey the news in a manner that was trustworthy and reliable for the truth. 

Now, this phrase was made by a narrator on a documentary about the safety of nuclear power plants.  I really do not know whether or not they are dangerous; whether you can grow food next to them and it is okay to eat.  I have to admit at this point I do not think I quite believe that and would like somebody for once to stand up and speak truth. 

This goes for other areas life too - like in the medical community. 

Does truth matter?  Are ethics taken for granted and assumed because whatever particular community is respected and acknowledged as having intelligence because of higher education, but are they anymore honest than "Joe Blow, the blue collar worker", down the street.  In the past maybe, anymore...I just don't know? 

No comments: